- Nash Emergency Care Center & Heart Center
- Fremont High School
- Embassy Suites
How Architects Work With SidePlate
SidePlate helps architects achieve maximum design versatility without sacrificing structural integrity.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Inpatient Bed Tower Project
Leo A. Daly
Leo A. Daly
Harvey Construction Corp.
Five-story, 152,000 sf Hospital (Conventional vs. SidePlate®)
- To engineer a moment frame that met the ever-changing demands and functions of today’s hospitals, including open floor plans with the unrestricted capability to change wall partition locations, and a long narrow footprint without the opportunity for interior shear walls
- With an anticipated completion date more than two years after the selection of the structural framing system, rising construction costs and a down-turning economy severely restricted the project budget
- SidePlate meant that smaller, fewer moment frames could be used than when using conventional steel moment-frame systems
- SidePlate® saved 2.5psf in steel tonnage over conventional moment frame connections using W24x columns and 6psf using W14x columns