Sort Project List By:
Structural engineers, architects, building owners and contractors nationwide are increasingly turning to SidePlate to ensure their next project has the most reliable, safest, cost-effective steel frame connections available. Our patented technologies are helping secure buildings throughout the country against earthquakes, bomb blasts and extreme weather conditions.
Take a look, and see why industry leaders are choosing SidePlate. For your convenience, our projects can be sorted by using the project list to the right.
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Bed Building Replacement
County of Santa Clara
Anshen & Allen
Rutherford + Chekene
Turner Construction Company
Five-story, 196,000 sf and Six-story, 328,200 sf Hospitals (SidePlate® vs. Dogbone and Slotted Web™)
- To create a steel moment frame solution for a torsionally sensitive building while satisfying all of the stringent 2007 CBC requirements, including the use of rho=1, to maximize economy
- To design a steel moment frame solution given a framing layout made up of multiple short spans within the prequalified beam depth and weight limits allowed by OSHPD
- To incorporate large cantilevers perpendicular to moment frame columns
- The stiffness of the SidePlate® connection allowed lighter beams to be used in these short bays, meeting the span-to-depth ratio requirements as well as drift requirements. Slotted Web™ and Dogbone, meanwhile, required beams at their max capacity as far as stiffness and depth, which didn’t leave any room for potential changes during the design phase
- SidePlate® saved 2.5psf in steel tonnage and three weeks of critical construction schedule over Slotted Web™, and 3.0psf in steel tonnage and four weeks of construction time over Dogbone
- SidePlate® easily accommodated the large cantilever loads