Sort Project List By:
Structural engineers, architects, building owners and contractors nationwide are increasingly turning to SidePlate to ensure their next project has the most reliable, safest, cost-effective steel frame connections available. Our patented technologies are helping secure buildings throughout the country against earthquakes, bomb blasts and extreme weather conditions.
Take a look, and see why industry leaders are choosing SidePlate. For your convenience, our projects can be sorted by using the project list to the right.
Large Industrial Buildings
GRANT FOREST PRODUCTS INC.
One-story, 94’-High Pre-Manufactured Buildings with 80’ Interior Spans
- IBC 2000 building code required this facility’s moment frame design to be qualified as a Special Moment Frame (SMF)
- Extremely tall and wide moment frames required a significant amount of stiffness in and out of plane for 115 mph winds
- SidePlate® moment connections were used with W36x columns and W36x beams because of its prequalification through AISC 341-02 and ICC-ESR 1275, which allows use of any practicable beam and column size to be connected and qualify as a SMF
- Due to the extreme stiffness of the SidePlate® connection both in and out of plane (i.e. its panel zone is 100% rigid and the plate extensions onto the beam are on average 4 times that of the beam alone), SidePlate reduced the lateral steel tonnage by 25%
- SidePlate’s lateral torsional stability of the connection system allowed the moment frames to work with minimal out-of-plane bracing