Sort Project List By:
Structural engineers, architects, building owners and contractors nationwide are increasingly turning to SidePlate to ensure their next project has the most reliable, safest, cost-effective steel frame connections available. Our patented technologies are helping secure buildings throughout the country against earthquakes, bomb blasts and extreme weather conditions.
Take a look, and see why industry leaders are choosing SidePlate. For your convenience, our projects can be sorted by using the project list to the right.
Pacific Command Headquarters
Camp H.M. Smith, Oahu
Atkins Benham, Inc.
Atkins Benham, Inc. & Baldridge and Associates
Dick Pacific Construction Company, Ltd.
Brooklyn Iron Works, Inc.
Swanson Steel Company, Inc.
Six-story, 320,000 sf Naval Headquarters (Concrete vs. Steel) using DoD Progressive Collapse Design Guidelines.
“On the U.S. Navy’s new design-build Pacific Command Center, we integrated SidePlate™ connection technology to meet the owner’s Antiterrorist Progressive Floor
Collapse objectives with minimal changes to the steel frame design governed by local wind and seismic loads, resulting in a cost-effective solution that brought the project in under the Navy’s budget.”
– Dan Arana
Dick Pacific Construction, Ltd
- To provide a steel frame solution that was more economical than the proposed concrete building in the RFP
- To create the first steel frame building to satisfy DoD’s new Progressive Floor Collapse “missing column and missing beam” Bomb Blast design criteria
- SidePlate® connection technology saved the U.S. Navy well over $2,000,000 over other concrete proposals due to its unique ability to:
- Take advantage of unlimited column depth prequalification (W18x175 max size used) coupled with its inherent increased connection stiffness resulting in a total steel weight less than 10 psf
- Satisfy Progressive Floor Collapse design criteria without construction cost impact