Sort Project List By:
Structural engineers, architects, building owners and contractors nationwide are increasingly turning to SidePlate to ensure their next project has the most reliable, safest, cost-effective steel frame connections available. Our patented technologies are helping secure buildings throughout the country against earthquakes, bomb blasts and extreme weather conditions.
Take a look, and see why industry leaders are choosing SidePlate. For your convenience, our projects can be sorted by using the project list to the right.
Palomar Recycled Water Booster Station
Krieger & Stewart
One-story, 30’ High, 150’x52’ Essential Facility with 15’-High 8” CMU Walls
- To meet SMF code requirements while coupled with limited space for lateral frame layout and functionality of pumps
- Increased height to allow internal overhead crane positioning for repair and/or replacement of pump(s) while other(s) are still in operation
- To ensure that the facility would remain in operation during and after the worst imaginable circumstances (ie severe ground motion)
- ICCES-ESR 1275 prequalified biaxial SidePlate® moment frame connections (using a cruciform column) minimized the amount of space needed and satisfied the code criteria
- SidePlate’s biaxial moment frames allowed designers to effectively place columns around the pumps and add tracks for the overhead crane
- SidePlate’s stiffness ensured the most economical solution while achieving maximum code requirements
- The use of moment frames in both directions allowed for an internal crane track attachment, which is key to repair and maintenance of the pumps